Senior Account Executive
North 6th Agency (N6A) is a communications agency focused on Outcome Relations, a unique method of public relations that enables teams to align PR results with our clients' specific business outcomes.
We’re looking for motivated individuals with roughly 3 years of PR agency experience to join the winning team at N6A. Ideal candidates have experience conducting PR programs across a range of tech industries, driving daily client consultation and targeted media relations. Must have an extensive network of business and trade journalists with a solid track record of earned media results, plus superior client communication skills.
This position is Office Optional – giving you the choice to work remotely from anywhere, at a workspace in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood, or through a hybrid of both options.
N6A’s Senior Account Executives are independent multi-taskers who drive program strategy while securing priority results for clients. They communicate daily with clients on earned media strategies, and excel at coming up with creative media pitches and supporting materials for earned media coverage. They are proven media relations experts responsible for delivering business outcome-driven results for a wide variety of accounts. They maintain solid relationships with reporters and editors across print and digital media outlets, as well as segment producers at national and local broadcast.
- Supervise multiple accounts with day-to-day client counsel and campaign management
- Oversee account teams on program execution and creative strategy
- Drive media coverage through daily outreach, story development, announcement strategy and editorial calendar planning
- Work alongside teams to execute Outcome Relations plans and strategies
- Develop and edit outcome-driven materials including press releases, fact sheets, messaging guidance, executive bios, media briefing documents, bylined articles, award submissions, conference speaker abstracts, Q&As and more. Writing assignments vary per account
- Communicate daily progress with clients, showcasing a thorough understanding of their business and outcomes, plus their competitors, market landscape and industry trends
- Guide junior-level team members on PR best practices in media relations, research, writing and reporting
- Support managers to develop Outcome Relations plans and metrics
- Support agency with new business development activities
- Report to account team on day-to-day activities
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism
- Experience with both B2B and B2C technology PR programs with a focus on securing earned media coverage for corporate and product initiatives
- Previous experience in a public relations agency preferred
- Strong research and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Ability to multitask and support account teams across a wide range of vertical industries
- Proficient in Microsoft and cloud tools such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Muck Rack, and more
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of the AP Stylebook
- Ability to “Embrace the Pace” and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Office Optional, a redesigned hybrid work environment that combines a hot-desk workspace in the heart of NYC's SoHo neighborhood with virtual team collaboration, giving employees the option to work remotely or in the office
- Pace Points, a unique discretionary bonus compensation program
- Robust and comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans featuring top-tier, nationwide networks
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company sponsored match
- Substantial PTO policy with progressive PTO bank growth, including birthday PTO and Purpose Day
- Option for recurring complimentary lunches or stipend
- Eligibility for signature “Compete and Care” perks, competition and quality-of-life programs
Our team members are the heartbeat of N6A. We take great pride in our “Compete and Care” culture and robust quality of life perks. N6A maintains a work environment that has been lauded as one of the most rewarding, collaborative and unique in the agency world by PRWeek, Observer, Forbes, New York Post, Entrepreneur, CNN Business and many others.
"*" indicates required fields