North 6th Agency (N6A) is a communications agency focused on Outcome Relations, a unique method of public relations that enables teams to align PR results with our clients' specific business outcomes – Revenue, Competitive Advantage, Capital Raise, Recruiting, M&A and Enterprise Value.
We’re looking for passionate communications professionals with 7-9 years of relevant experience to become the next Public Relations Account Director at N6A. Ideal candidates have experience running communications programs for a diverse set of accounts across B2B and B2C technology industries, an extensive network of technology media plus superior client communication skills.
This position is Office Optional – giving you the choice to work remotely from anywhere, at a workspace in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood, or through a hybrid of both options.
Account Directors support agency operations and new business development, and maintain excellent relationships with key decision makers for each account, ensuring positive momentum and client satisfaction.
- Orchestrate unique communications programs for a dedicated set of accounts; showcase subject matter expertise to clients and teams
- Lead activities for each account; practice daily client counsel and campaign management
- Supervise progress of account teams on program execution and creative strategy
- Drive media coverage and lead by example with solid outreach, story development, campaign strategy and strong relationships with technology media
- Work with direct supervisor to draft Outcome Relations plans and strategies
- Develop and edit outcome-driven materials including press releases, fact sheets, messaging guidance, executive bios, media briefing documents, bylined articles, award submissions, conference speaker abstracts, Q&As and more. Writing assignments vary per account
- Showcase a thorough understanding of each account’s business and outcomes, plus their competitors, market landscape and industry trends
- Guide all team members on PR best practices in media relations, research, writing and reporting
- Assist direct supervisor on performance reports, rankings and analysis in N6A’s performance measurement system
- Support agency initiatives including new business outreach, upselling strategies and business development
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism
- Experience with B2B and B2C technology PR programs with a focus on securing earned media coverage for corporate and product initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and lead account teams across a wide range of technology industries
- Proficient in Windows, macOS and cloud tools such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Muck Rack
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of the AP Stylebook
- Ability to “Embrace the Pace” and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Office Optional, a redesigned hybrid work environment that combines a hot-desk workspace in the heart of NYC's SoHo neighborhood with virtual team collaboration, giving employees the option to work remotely or in the office
- Pace Points, a unique discretionary bonus compensation program
- Robust and comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans featuring top-tier, nationwide networks
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company sponsored match
- Substantial PTO policy with progressive PTO bank growth, including birthday PTO and Purpose Day
- Option for recurring complimentary lunches or stipend
- Eligibility for signature “Compete and Care” perks, competition and quality-of-life programs
Our team members are the heartbeat of N6A. We take great pride in our “Compete and Care” culture and robust quality of life perks. N6A maintains a work environment that has been lauded as one of the most rewarding, collaborative and unique in the agency world by PRWeek, Observer, Forbes, New York Post, Entrepreneur, CNN Business and many others.
"*" indicates required fields